Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Öjebokören - That's Entertainment (M&F)
8 tracks but deceptively tough..

24/44.1 Mastered

https://s3.amazonaws.com/xqr/Thats+Enter...t-revb.wav

.mp3    Thats Entertainment-revb.mp3 --  (Download: 5.69 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Sounding good to me. Listening with headphones, It sounds like some of the heavier tones (piano and vocals) are weighted somewhat to the left of stage. Might be part of your arrangement or maybe just an illusion. Not really a problem though. Well Done.

Dave
(19-04-2016, 11:38 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounding good to me. Listening with headphones, It sounds like some of the heavier tones (piano and vocals) are weighted somewhat to the left of stage. Might be part of your arrangement or maybe just an illusion. Not really a problem though. Well Done.

Dave

Thanks: The piano's recorded stereo image has a mic on the bass notes and another the upper range notes, to retain the effect of a two handed piano performance..

The vocals offered limited placement control but I think it does well in providing the live recording of the performance, but theres still some balance decisions that has to be made with those tracks..

I placed the Piano in the Ocean Way Studio room from UA on a buss sidechain send under a SSL Buss compressor to expand out the piano.. Once I found that, it became easier to finish this piece.
I find your mix to lack some clarity and it is not easy to localize each voice. I think you may have panned the spot mics not in ideal location compared to the main mic.
(19-04-2016, 12:12 PM)therecordingguy Wrote: I find your mix to lack some clarity and it is not easy to localize each voice. I think you may have panned the spot mics not in ideal location compared to the main mic.

There's only 4 stereo pair vocal tracks. The piano and vocals are in balance because the piano player is a performer too, and deserves to be in equal level with the vocals, so here, the vocals are not blaring above the piano, but lacking "clarity", is what it's not...

A choir performance is a group performance, there should never be any solo performances sticking out from within a choir performance..