Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"The Dice"
Lead Inc

.mp3    The Dice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.97 MB)

Wow! This is out there!, Listening with headphones I wasn't quite ready for it when I pressed play. (It almost knocked me out) I think you need display a warning in your opening dialogue. lol Pretty mind blowing experience with the cans on. Will have a listen tomorrow through some speakers. Well Done

Dave.
Listened again today with monitors, and I think it works quite well, It's certainly different and I wouldn't have been brave enough to try it, that's for sure. It's nice to hear something different.
Hey Lupo,

interesting approach. Really big and epic, brutal drums. You should see if there may be a little too much delay on the guitars, they don't really sound defined anymore.
But solid, keep it up!
Cheers
Yes i totally agree about the guitars. I'm going to work on that. Thank you for the feedback!

I feel like this song went on an acid trip or something. It's very interesting to say the least. Very creative, but I don't feel It portrays the artist in the correct light.
Hey there! Huge mix!! hehe...Obvsiously you have those drums that seems to be played by an elephant hehehe. I like the fact that u played with the edit of the voice as i've done in my mix, althought you have gone a couple of steps further than me...But still doesnt quite fit in the song, seems a bit off tempo...Also the delays/and reverbs on the guitar are quite bit and might blurry the things sometime, but against them Tongue .

Is it me or u r compressing ur drums bus? Cause sometimes it feels like the oh's come and go being compressed....

Overall i feel there's a rumble in general...i think mainly caused by the drums, try high passing on the sides a bit and using a bit of compresion on the low end in the middle to tame it a bit...To me it sounds in general a bit Lo-Fi...I miss some air, bit more brightness on the top end...And the drums pushed a bit back hehe...It seems to me as if u built ur mix with the drums as the most important element of it.

Althought it's not my absolute favourite mix of this song you have some good things on it. A huge drum sound (you gotta tell me the trick Tongue ) And an interesting editing on the voice to add some interest to the song. I quite like that, it's a brave move to explore a mix in that way too Smile