Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much too Much by David Rivas
Hey guys, this is my first post here. Here's my version of Much too Much. I'm really eager to become a better mixer, so any comment or suggestion would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

David

.mp3    Selwyn Jazz - Much too Much.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

Hi David,
I like your mix and how you kept the dynamics and didn't over compress the brass and master bus ,this is one I have to have another go at soon with more automation .
Listening on headphones the bass sounds a touch upfront and maybe bring down the piano or some compression just to tame the peaks. The kick could come up a touch also.
pretty Good job !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(20-04-2016, 10:33 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi David,
I like your mix and how you kept the dynamics and didn't over compress the brass and master bus ,this is one I have to have another go at soon with more automation .
Listening on headphones the bass sounds a touch upfront and maybe bring down the piano or some compression just to tame the peaks. The kick could come up a touch also.
pretty Good job !

Cheers Big Grin

Hey Thedon!

Thank you for your comments! Yeah I had some doubts about the bass and the kick, but after doing some tweaks I left them where they were at first (now I'm starting to doubt again, haha). It's really helpful to me to get criticism in order to improve my mixes, so thank you again! Smile

David