Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FEMME (mixed/mastered by Rhythm Power studio)
Very nice track by Wall Of Death. Now let's talk a little about the recordings and how I handled the tracks on the mixing/mastering.

DRUMS: From the original tracks, I only kept the snare and the cymbals (It would be even better and more realistic if they had exported the overheads as a whole and not only the cymbals). I found the snare to be one of the best snare sounds I've heard. I triggered the rest of the kit using EZDrummer 2 for kick and Addictive Drums 2 for toms.

BASS: I used the DI track, as I didn't like the recorded tone at all. Duplicated the track and had one track clean bass and the other track distorted. Both via Amplitube 3.

GUITARS: The recorded guitars sounded great but they were too compressed on the palm mutes so this fact rendered them useless to me. Therefore, I used the DI tracks and ran them through Amplitube 3 (as always, 5150 sim) and various impulses (guitarhack and catharsis).

VOCALS: Nice recording on the vocals

I mastered the whole mix through T-racks CS.

.mp3    FEMME mp3 8.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Another good mix. Keep up the good work.
Thanks mate! Will do! Glad you like my work.
You can also check my mix of Hollow Ground's "Ill Fate", if you want, on the following link.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=14565
Really like this mix, best I've heard so far
Glad you liked it Steel!
I really like your sound !
Thanks Mio, glad you liked it!