Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles - Alone With You-MIX
Justin Myles - Alone With You- MIX +Edit

.mp3    MIX PRINT2-JustinMyles-AloneWithYou..mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

.mp3    MIX PRINT3-JustinMyles-AloneWithYou.Edit.01_02.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

Hi August,

I'm enjoying your sound through headphones. Seems to be a pretty solid mix. The vocals may be a little hot for me though. (Quite noticeable at lower volume.)

Well Done.
Thats my thing, often mix the vocals to loud, did my best .. But still to loud Smile will listen again after little break! Thank You Dangerous!
(17-04-2016, 01:12 PM)August Wrote: Thats my thing, often mix the vocals to loud, did my best .. But still to loud Smile will listen again after little break! Thank You Dangerous!

No worries, It's not a problem if your happy with it. I usually turn the mix right down until it's just audible to see if anything is sticking out. It's a pretty good indicator for me as a rule.

Cheers.
You're right the Vocal is a little hot.. i've turn it down when i did the mix down.. a view times Smile .. But i hear it now at a low volume, gonna Fix that, Thanks D!
There is lots to like in this mix. You might consider easing up on high-passing everything. You made a lot of space in the bottom end and then used a rather 'spanky' kick instead of something with boom . I think this will work well on small speakers but is a little light on speakers with bottom.
Thanks Mingus, actually i used a high-pass filter on the whole mix, but maybe have to filter more lows out, is that what you mean?
he was saying that you should go more for a boom-kick and not for a kick with much of that high end click since there is a lot of headroom on the low end for the kick. I also think this would fit the style of this music a bit better Smile
Thx for the clarification Amateur Wink .. Sometimes my dyslectic skills creep up, when reading it again right now, it seems pretty clear.. Smile Thx Mingus!
(17-04-2016, 01:19 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(17-04-2016, 01:12 PM)August Wrote: Thats my thing, often mix the vocals to loud, did my best .. But still to loud Smile will listen again after little break! Thank You Dangerous!

No worries, It's not a problem if your happy with it. I usually turn the mix right down until it's just audible to see if anything is sticking out. It's a pretty good indicator for me as a rule.

Cheers.
I usually turn the mix right down until it's just audible to see if anything is sticking out.

This is a great tip. Thanks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]