Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Justin Myles - Alone With You (M&F)
I've listened to other posts of this song for some time and at first was reluctant to load it up; but after having wrapped a R&B project that saw me add a new piece to the station, I revisited this song.

An issue I found with going all digital is "bounce to disk" features in all DAWs I found do not properly retain the full mix fidelity. To cure this, I added a D/A converter to go AES out of ProTools to AES into a recording DAW (aka pitching/catching in Mastering terms).

So now I am getting 1:1 exactly what the mixing/mastering DAW is putting out.. So with that, I loaded up this song and really enjoyed working with it once I started in on the multi tracks.

24-bit 44.1 Reference Master
https://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaldruglord...+Final.wav

.mp3    Justin Miles Final.mp3 --  (Download: 17.11 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Beautiful mix DDL

*One complaint I have Here is the kick is too prominent. It feels very separated from the the rest of the kit. Lowering it a bit would make wonders.
*there is a Lil effect going on in the back ground. I hear it more on the left. It sounds like the vintage sound of vynil when the disc is just running with no music. Not sure if you get what I mean.

Anyway great job man.

(17-04-2016, 04:33 PM)Shul Wrote: Beautiful mix DDL

*One complaint I have Here is the kick is too prominent. It feels very separated from the the rest of the kit. Lowering it a bit would make wonders.
*there is a Lil effect going on in the back ground. I hear it more on the left. It sounds like the vintage sound of vynil when the disc is just running with no music. Not sure if you get what I mean.

Anyway great job man.

Thanks, 1) it's an R&B song so the decision was the kick has to find presence through the bass track.. Presence to provide the center of the "Rythm" of the "R" in R&B.. 2) tape tape and more tape is used here to give the song that smooth tone response.. Even with noise reduction applied to kill the major hiss that would have been in the song had it not been applied, the magic of tape is still present I guess...
(17-04-2016, 04:52 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(17-04-2016, 04:33 PM)Shul Wrote: Beautiful mix DDL

Anyway great job man.

Thanks, 1) it's an R&B song so the decision was the kick has to find presence through the bass track.. Presence to provide the center of the "Rythm" of the "R" in R&B.. 2) tape tape and more tape is used here to give the song that smooth tone response.. Even with noise reduction applied to kill the major hiss that would have been in the song had it not been applied, the magic of tape is still present I guess...

Cool.. Then maybe less beater. I just feel that kick doesn't belong. Sounds more like a rock kick.
I supposed taste applies here.

I knew it!! It was some type of tape amulation
Final version upped