Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Am Cassette (Belive) By Patschulle
Hey all.
Have made an effort to mix this very good song.
I listened to the song a while ago and thought it would be fun to mix this song.
And I thought it was a real good song, and fun to mix.

This is just how I think the song would do the best.
I could feel that I had trouble getting the drums as I wanted them to be.
So I have taken the liberty little bit and gave the kick and snare drum a little help.
Hope "I Am Cassette" think it is ok Angel

"All original drums are still in the mix"

I have listened to some of your mixes here that sounds very good.

Hope this works for you.

Constructive feedback is welcome.

Patschulle Big Grin

Just creating and mixing for fun in
Studio 4 One

https://soundcloud.com/studio-4-one

.mp3    I Am Cassette (Belive) By Patschulle.mp3 --  (Download: 4.28 MB)

Awesome job! I like the kick and the dark feeling it brings. The snare, however, needs a little more teeth; it's a little too laid back for my taste. You see, I am a carnivore Wink. The bass is awesome.

I wish the reverb is a little less, shorter, and less lo end on the vocal tho, perhaps an EQ behind the reverb would help. That would make the vocal shines better on the top end, hopefully.
Hi Patsculle,

I can hear 3 main issues in your mix : first, there is way too much reverb everywhere. Everything sound very distant, like it was recorded in some big hall. Then the balance between instruments and vocals are not consistent : the acoustic guitars are too loud in the intro and 1st verse for example. Finally, overall EQ is very bright and lacks some mids (which will help the vocals).

Be careful with your limiter, there is no need to master at these levels nowadays. The new standard is -13 LUFS, and will be even less in the future.

Keep it up Smile