Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believe mix
Hi all. I'm new to this and thought I would throw this out there and get some constructive feedback. Thanks in advance.

.mp3    Believe2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.47 MB)

Hi EpiBear, Welcome to this Awesome Site.
your mix Sounds pretty Good to me.
I like your idea of bringing the vocals into the background during the guitar solo Just some thoughts while listening.
The intro with the vocals and guitar sounds great maybe the acoustic could be a touch fuller around the 100-200hz area mainly in the centre or maybe less compression if effecting that area and a multiband compression or dynamic eq to just tame the high frequency transients of the strumming ,which is more noticeable when the rest comes in at around 1.20 as missing the low frequencies of the acoustic to fill up the low frequencies to support the bass which may require scooping some bass around the 100-200 area to give the acoustic some room.
Maybe eqing some 100-200 or a parametric scoop at around 160hz from the kick also just to remove some boxyness and hopefully give the acoustic and bass some space.
The drums could come up a touch more.
Just some guesses and mainly personal taste.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks for the input. Nothing on the acoustics but gain. I'm still learning the basics so I'll tweak some more and fiddle with it.