Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Dice
This is well thought out song and I like it.

I did this mix when the files first became available but couldn't post it because there was no thread to post to.

I used console one's SSL 4000K Channel Strip and Slate plugins.

I automated vocal effects and used QLEW Spaces and Avids mod delay.

Commits are welcome.

.mp3    The Dice.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Nice mix with attitude.

I like the dirtyness of guitars. Here and there I feel that guitarist is not listening the vocalist at all. But isn’t that quite normal…

Background voxes feels to me like from another, more modern mix. Somehow they don’t fit rude attitude of guitars.
(13-04-2016, 12:16 PM)Olli H Wrote: Nice mix with attitude.

I like the dirtyness of guitars. Here and there I feel that guitarist is not listening the vocalist at all. But isn’t that quite normal…

Background voxes feels to me like from another, more modern mix. Somehow they don’t fit rude attitude of guitars.

I can see that point of view. I wanted to do something different with the vocals and I thought, hey, backwards vocals!! haha. I wanted to eq the guitars so you would hear more grit, similar (but not quite close enough) to Adam Jones from Tool. Lets face it this is very much like a Tool song.

The breakdown is very lateralus.

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Wow, your editing and usage of effects and automation is awesome. It gives the song a totally different vibe in the choruses. Brilliant work, keep it up! Love the dirt and grit, too. Thanks for refering to Tool, that's a big honor Smile
(18-04-2016, 04:56 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Wow, your editing and usage of effects and automation is awesome. It gives the song a totally different vibe in the choruses. Brilliant work, keep it up! Love the dirt and grit, too. Thanks for refering to Tool, that's a big honor Smile
Thank you for your feedback and complement. I try to make every mix I do better than the last and I have a long way to go, but your nice words will help keep me motivated.

Tool is one of my all time favorite bands so naturally I was attracted to this song.

This is a well thought out song that stands on its own merits and was a pleasure to mix. I hope you are able to submit more of your bands songs soon.

Cheers.

My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1