Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You
I thought I would have a go at mixing this one while spending a few nights under canvas parked up besides a river holidaying. Armed with my trusty old Macbook, my headphones and Reaper, I really enjoyed working with this one. A lovely vocal driven song with a great arrangement and beautiful guitar tones throughout. A pretty basic mix with native plugins, nothing fancy, just tried to best represent what was there to work with. Made some slight adjustments mainly with the reverb back in the studio, before posting.

Dave.

.mp3    JustinMyles AloneWithYou Dangerous Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

.mp3    JustinMyles AloneWithYou Dangerous #2.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

.mp3    JustinMyles AloneWithYou Dangerous #3.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

Updated #2 mix.

I left the backing vocals out of the first. Slight tonal changes hopefully for a fuller sound.
Solid Mix Dangerous!
Are you aware of the crackles at 1:07 & 1:28 on the left side, it's one of the acoustic guitars if i'm correct.. There was a freq. somewhere around 100hz/150hz i belief in the Bass that was creating some problems for me, did a high-Q Eq-cut somewhere.. Thanks again for your tip and listening!

Cheers
(17-04-2016, 03:13 PM)August Wrote: Solid Mix Dangerous!
Are you aware of the crackles at 1:07 & 1:28 on the left side, it's one of the acoustic guitars if i'm correct.. There was a freq. somewhere around 100hz/150hz i belief in the Bass that was creating some problems for me, did a high-Q Eq-cut somewhere.. Thanks again for your tip and listening!

Cheers

Thanks for that August. Yeah, a bit of an oversight. I've have now corrected these, one in the left acoustic as you said and one in the kick. There seems to be a few glitches throughout the song. I remember cleaning up some in the bass track. Listening back now I'm hearing a few extra minor pops crackles noises especially when I solo the individual tracks. Not sure if these noises are printed on the raw tracks or something I've picked up along the way.
Cheers.
Yeah, i know what you mean. Have them to and hear some more now when i pay attention to it. Smile Cant remember cleaning the bass and kick track myself, gonna check those.. Thanks Dangerous!
(18-04-2016, 11:56 PM)August Wrote: Yeah, i know what you mean. Have them to and hear some more now when i pay attention to it. Smile Cant remember cleaning the bass and kick track myself, gonna check those.. Thanks Dangerous!

Yeah, I found I had to replace the kick @ 1:30 and notch the bass @ 1:55. May have been an issue at my end only. My old macbook is lacking on horse power which showed towards the end of this mix with buffering issues starting to appear.
Version #3
Just dragged this one out again for a play. I have tried some different reverb settings on the vocals, drums and overall mix using Valhalla. I have also made some balance adjustments throughout.

Dave