Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPL Iron tracking
SPL Iron for tracking high tube bias fast attack / release.
SPL Iron on master SLOW att/rel

Slight Elysia karakter 500
Slight IGS Rubberbands 500 mastering EQ
Slight Kush Elektra 500
Slight ELysia NVelope 500

.mp3    25-160408_1840.mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

That's some monstrous low end you got there cube3! Big Grin
The sustained notes on the bass are really taking a toll on smaller speakers and clouding everything with them...
I would dial that back a good notch, perhaps cut some sustain as well...
The vocals are a bit muffled and could use some air.
Drums are a tad too compressed (I hear it in the cymbals mostly, so perhaps you could use some parallel compression and remove the high end from the send to a parallel compressor?)
Tones are not bad overal, balance is fine so if you start by clearing the low end, you should have a reasonable mix...
Oh and the end should really be a fade out, it doesn't make much sense to end it like that! Wink
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(08-04-2016, 08:34 PM)ptalbot Wrote: That's some monstrous low end you got there cube3! Big Grin
The sustained notes on the bass are really taking a toll on smaller speakers and clouding everything with them...
I would dial that back a good notch, perhaps cut some sustain as well...
The vocals are a bit muffled and could use some air.
Drums are a tad too compressed (I hear it in the cymbals mostly, so perhaps you could use some parallel compression and remove the high end from the send to a parallel compressor?)
Tones are not bad overal, balance is fine so if you start by clearing the low end, you should have a reasonable mix...
Oh and the end should really be a fade out, it doesn't make much sense to end it like that! Wink

Thank you for your feedback, very nice work on this track b.t.w.

I have done some eq shelving in the low freq and used Kush Clariphone for presence / air on the vocal and snare. The Master Comp, is now on Fast, with High tube bias. I have removed the Low freq sustain (I did that on the Elysia Nvelope 500, i sometimes get to greedy with it).

.mp3    25-160409_1203.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)