Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
The Dice Mixed by Dcp
(20-04-2016, 02:22 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:
(20-04-2016, 01:17 PM)MulkeyMixingMastering Wrote: Sounds like a great mix. If I had to point out anything I would say to kill some transient on the snare just a small bit. Maybe increase the attack on the compressor on that track. Also the guitars seem a little overprocessed to my ears. I'm not sure if you have a flange or effect on them, but they almost seem a little out of phase at times.

Thanks for the critique. The guitars have a phaser on them during certain moments of the track and I did use a doubler on the guitars to give them a thicker sound. Otherwise there's an eq just taking out at most 2-3 dB of 780 Hz and 2.5 kHz and an L1 limiter to keep the guitars even. The tones pretty much are the way they were provided. The snare is already pretty squashed between being run through an la3a emulation, some soft clipping, and being driven through a neve emulation for some punch. Probably personal preference but I may make another remix of this track.

Overall, It's a great mix and i enjoyed it. Like you say...its more of personal preference really on the guitar sound.
Hey there Smile Really nice mix as usual...I just checked the last one u posted here as i assume it's the one that'd fit better ur expectations. I find a bit of rumble on the low end with the bass...but not much, as i get from the comments u've already been working on that. I really liked the presence of your drums. Overall it might be a bit nasal to my taste and a bit squashed when mastering (or the process u have done to finish it). U could have used a some delay/reverb at some points with the vocal as sometimes it sound a bit simple/boring, althouth that's more an artistic choice than anything heh ^,^ ... But generally i like it quite a lot...one of the best that i've listened to Smile