Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forkupines: 'Sleep By The Fire Dexter mix
Hi. This is my take on the song. Please tell me what you think of it.Smile
Dexter

.mp3    MIX FORKUPINESSLEEP BY .mp3 --  (Download: 7.64 MB)

Hi Dexter, this is sounding quite good - Balances are very good, and everything is clear, audible and handled very well dynamically speaking. The overall soundstage has a good sense of space and depth, without sounding too wet or dry. The low end feels pretty good too.

A couple of things that I noticed:

The snare sounds a little "boxy" - I would suggest looking at the 400-500hz area and maybe just pull a bit of that out. I think the snare will sit in the mix better that way - it will still be punchy without drawing attention to itself unnecessarily.

The hihat has a very prominent "tick" to it that actually sounds quite un-hihat-like, especially in the verses. As it is, actually sounds more like the drummer is playing the rim of one of the toms, rather than the hihat. I'm not sure what is specifically causing it, but I'm guessing it's a resonant frequency around the 4-5k mark causing that "tick" sound, rather than a nice hihat-like "tsst". Tracking that sucker down and pulling it out would help.

Nice work!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Yea sounds pretty good man. Are you using sampled toms? They've got a lot of click going on - or something has.

Really good job though, balance is great.