Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALONE WITH YOU MIXED AND MASTERED
Feedback is really appreciated!! Big Grin

.mp3    ALONE WITH YOU.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

Good job.
I really like your mix. Especially the vocal Smile
I have to work on vocal in my version.
Although snare seems to be a little bit thin.
Check out snare in my mix.

.mp3    Alone With You MIX_1.mp3 --  (Download: 17.17 MB)

Really like feedback too.
Here's my mix!

.mp3    Justin Myles - Alone With You (mix by Tim) MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.86 MB)

(01-04-2016, 09:49 AM)EnjoyTheNoize Wrote: Good job.
I really like your mix. Especially the vocal Smile
I have to work on vocal in my version.
Although snare seems to be a little bit thin.
Check out snare in my mix.

thx for the feedback!

your mix is very good in general.
a few datails, the drum sounds a little bit muggy, check your kick and your toms. the snare sounds great, but maybe it's not the sound for that style of music, just maybe.

your vocal need some middle range in my opinion.

i hope this helps you Big Grin

(sorry if i made a spelling mistake, English is not my native language Big Grin )
(01-04-2016, 06:51 PM)timmehhh Wrote: Really like feedback too.
Here's my mix!

sounds very natural and well balanced to me, but i think the electric guitar is a little lifeless, maybe some reverb or more middle range, but is just my opinion Big Grin
Lupulus,

Nice job. A couple of things. While the reverb on the drums sounds really good, it seems to over-shadow the mix just a bit. The vocals are good but maybe a bit to much compression. I'm guessing the ratio was very high. It seems to have lost some of the natural dynamics from the performance, which is quite good in this song.

Can I ask if you used buss compression during the mix besides mastering compression?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-04-2016, 12:12 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Lupulus,

Nice job. A couple of things. While the reverb on the drums sounds really good, it seems to over-shadow the mix just a bit. The vocals are good but maybe a bit to much compression. I'm guessing the ratio was very high. It seems to have lost some of the natural dynamics from the performance, which is quite good in this song.

Can I ask if you used buss compression during the mix besides mastering compression?

Thx for the comment

I did parallel compression for the vocal in this one, maybe I put to much compressed Chanel in the mix. You are right about the reverb, I was thinking about cut some reverb in the border hit and put it only when it hits the snare.

Yes, I used buss compression in this one, but no more than 2 dB of reduction.