Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new mix
So I know. There is too much botttom in panned gtrs, Not in the bass itself. Thx, Don
I don't know why you considered my comment as "bashing". What I've ment as bass there is low frequency content of the mix, not an instrument. Perhaps, I should've been more clear.
Your comments were confusing. Thats it
Hey Sono, you're being kind of a dick to the guys here to be honest. You're considering your own mix as "the best one" and throw around with points no one shares with you considering other mixes. Try stepping down a bit, okay?
I'm nowhere near against critics, but there are mean and nice ways to criticize a mix and your comments are being kind of confusing if not misinterpretable, just think what you would think if someone wrote that under your mix.

The low end sounds okay on my Audio Technica ATH-M50x which provide a present and clear low end anyways, so I'm starting to believe that something might be wrong with your headphones or your perception of low end - or your attitude here.

It's a bit muddy, but I wouldn't call it "horrible". That would not only be rude but also just wrong.
Keep it simple, okay?
Can't you hear the peak at 100hz in right channel in choruses? There might be a problem if you can't hear that, especially in headphones.
Maybe it's not horrible, I probably had a bad mood.I just write what I hear, don't trying to be mean.
If someone writes something under my mix I always check if the person is correct and then make changes accordingly.
While I wrote that I though that my mix was the best one, I was asking about if I hear right. So if you don't think so, you are welcome to criticize my mix.
I cannot hear anything wrong in my mix. You saw that peak on an analyzer.
I did a hpf around 100 on gtrs, could have gone to 150 or maybe 200 ?
You were actually right. I hi passed gtrs at 120 and mix suddenly opened up.
I haven't uploaded my mix yet as I'm still messing around with it so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Listening on my AKG K240s there is definitely something odd in the low end of the guitars and the mid high of the bass, probably as Don had mentioned too much low end energy in the hard panned guitars. High passing at 150 would take too much of the body of the guitar out, 100 Hz, for me at least, is the max you'd want to high pass guitars. If you own a multiband compressor you can try the Andy Sneap trick (http://i0.wp.com/themodernproducer.com/w.../08/c4.gif this is shown in Waves C4 but you can do it with any multiband compressor)

My main complaint is the lead vocals get lost in the chorus, try scooping out around 800 Hz and boosting with a wide Q parametric eq at 2-4 kHz. Some more aggressive compression and soft clipping can also help you out to get those vocals to pop out.

Other than those glitches the mix actually sounds quite good.

Hope this helps,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
The guitar in the middle is causing trouble.