Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raghav Mix V2 ..!!!
Heres my version for this mix... The guitars performed well .. Had a problem with the kick but kinda made it alright i guess..

Welcome all kinds of feedbacks...

Thank you for these awesome multitracks... Smile

.mp3    JustinMyles_AloneWithYou (Raghav Mix V2).mp3 --  (Download: 18.76 MB)

(20-03-2016, 12:26 PM)raghav330 Wrote: Heres my version for this mix... The guitars performed well .. Had a problem with the kick but kinda made it alright i guess..

Hi Raghav330 there seems to be a lack of definition on the bass it disappears, if you could sort that you will be on your way to a good mix.
Hi Raghav330
Nice wide sounding mix good use of the stereo field and nice use of compression ,probably a personal taste thing can hear some low frequencies of the vocal reverb, snare , acoustic guitar bass and kick in the side channels which maybe causing phase some problems with the bass and acoustic guitars and kick in the bottom end listening in stereo, I’m wondering by reducing some low end in the side channels will hopefully allow you to adjust the level and so when listening in mono the mix especially the upper frequencies should (hopefully )stay intact just with less stereo width , listening on mono auratone missing some top end mainly with the top end of the cymbals and guitars which could be due to wide panning or mp3 artifacts of a low bitrate mp3 which 320 kbps may sound better. I agree with cudjoe that the bass could come up a touch more and maybe some more definition in the top end .
But these are only my guesses while having a listen and it's good to get a second opinion on your great mix.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(21-03-2016, 05:26 AM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(20-03-2016, 12:26 PM)raghav330 Wrote: Heres my version for this mix... The guitars performed well .. Had a problem with the kick but kinda made it alright i guess..

Hi Raghav330 there seems to be a lack of definition on the bass it disappears, if you could sort that you will be on your way to a good mix.

Actually I fucked up the mix really bad when i tried to master it and then render it out to another music software for clearing out the clippings and noise then I rendered it back to mp3 and by mistake I rendered it out to 160 kbps..
I have done a bit of tweaking now and its just the mixed versoin Smile .. Thanks.. Smile
(21-03-2016, 08:44 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Raghav330
Nice wide sounding mix good use of the stereo field and nice use of compression ,probably a personal taste thing can hear some low frequencies of the vocal reverb, snare , acoustic guitar bass and kick in the side channels which maybe causing phase some problems with the bass and acoustic guitars and kick in the bottom end listening in stereo, I’m wondering by reducing some low end in the side channels will hopefully allow you to adjust the level and so when listening in mono the mix especially the upper frequencies should (hopefully )stay intact just with less stereo width , listening on mono auratone missing some top end mainly with the top end of the cymbals and guitars which could be due to wide panning or mp3 artifacts of a low bitrate mp3 which 320 kbps may sound better. I agree with cudjoe that the bass could come up a touch more and maybe some more definition in the top end .
But these are only my guesses while having a listen and it's good to get a second opinion on your great mix.
Cheers Big Grin

Your guesses were precise .. Smile I did render it out to 160 kbps... and I have dialled back on the stereo width... How is it now?
Listening to version 2 sounds much better Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(24-03-2016, 11:17 PM)thedon Wrote: Listening to version 2 sounds much better Big Grin

Thanks again theDon