Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ultimate 60 h mix - :)
hope you enjoy it like me. i would suggest muting some parts of the basstrack because the playing is not that tight and muddies up the mix.

does anyone know how or if this could be fixed instead of muting or rerecording? also i found out that the most tracks are not very well preedited so for example the snaresound changes from time to time like it was EQed. i left it how it was, maybe it was intended by the musicians.

anyway thanks for listening

PS: pls ignore the delays at the beginning

.mp3    the dice mix (sbpcA).mp3 --  (Download: 14.08 MB)

Sounds like a pretty solid mix jeraldo. I hope you didn't spend 60 hours mixing it.
Sounds like the bass could do with some further tightening with compression and maybe some saturation will help. (have to experiment). Maybe giving the kick a bigger roll also would help with the overall impact of the song. Great mix all the same.

Dave
I think i know what you mean with tightening the bass more. I'll try something next days. the snare could have more body to it ,this is also something i'm going to try.

I spent maybe more than 60 hours over few weeks with this mix Smile but this is due to my wish of getting the mix to sound as good as possible. I have some experience when it comes to producing and working with midi and samples but this track is my third mix i made from recorded material. I wanted to understand better how the decisions i make while mixing correlate to the emotions from the listeners perspective. Still got a lot to learn but its a lot of fun going through different emotions by myself. Like "yeah man!! I nailed it! I'm finally doing good mixes! I'm the best" and than other days something like "oh man... really? What a crappy shit! I'm doing bullshit, sell your equipment and go pick up flowers somewhere"
and again, i modified some stuff. more focused on drums, bass and main guitars. the result sounds different now
Hello!
I liked your first mix! It's well balanced.
At around 1'30 very interesting vocal's FX, but in choruses it's sounds too obviously.
Well done!