Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got back around to this one
So I tried mixing this song a while ago when mixbus 3 just came out. . . had some issues, let's say. Remixed it from the top. What do you guys think?

Mixed in Mixbus 3. Also added a multiband on the conversion to mp3.

Draper

.mp3    Backroom in tulsa Real with mastering enhancer plug.mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

Hey Draper,
I was playing around this one myself a couple of weeks ago. It's a great tune with a lot of ambience available to hone into your own desired sound. I think your mix is generally sounding pretty good but it is over emphasised around the 10k mark. I'm wondering if it's a result of the multi band comp you've mentioned. The emphasis seems consistent across the whole mix. Whist listening I found a -3dB low Q eq cut at around 10k and a smaller 1.5dB cut @ 300hz made a big different and made the mix sound quite nice and balanced (headphone reference). The main Vox for me may be a little hot in the intro, but does begin to sit in well when the song gets going. Good work so far. Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Hey Dave, thanks for the comments! I took your EQ notes, and I think it really made a big difference in the impact of the song. I did, however, keep the bold vocals the same in the intro. I like how they stand out in front of everything. They feel really exposed, which i think gives a certain feel to it. How do you think this new version translates?

Thanks again for the listen and comments!

Draper

.mp3    Backroom in tulsa Real with mastering enhancer plug 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

Yeah! sounding nice Draper. I feel that it's pushed the whole mix forward somewhat. Well Done.

DaveBig Grin