Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Howlin'" C&C Welcome!
I've decided I to try and mix a track a week. Here's week 3. (Week 2 is here: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=14294).

I found this fun and interesting. I guess the thing I've been struggling most with is space inside the mix, so this track is a perfect project. Everything I've read says "back off on reverb until you can barely hear it and then back it off a few dB more". So everything I've been mixing up 'till now has had no reverb as a result!

This changes. I certainly don't want to overdo it, but after some analysis of professional tracks, there's plenty more reverb they're using than I've been.

Hopefully this is closer to the ballpark. I had fun with this -- lots of moving pieces, and I laughed at the DogFX track. I brought it down 2 octaves to mix and then brought it back up, so it should be balanced well for your pets to enjoy.

C&C Welcome!

.mp3    Howlin v1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Too much of everything for my ears. You sort of went to some trance side. But overall a good mix. Maybe just cleaner EQ on vocals. And a little less of that buzzing sound. Smile All in all I LIKE IT!