Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phre The Eon, Everybody,s Falling Apart, Re uploaded
I originally mixed this track some weeks ago and it just feel right and thanks to thedon which confirmed it so i totally removed it and started again,all reviews welcomed.

.mp3    Everybody,s falling Apart,cudjoe mix RE UPLOADED.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

I Like this mix a lot !
Well done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-03-2016, 04:22 AM)thedon Wrote: I Like this mix a lot !
Well done Big Grin
Glad you like it thanks again.
Hi!
Another well done mix. Supreme balance and really nice compression. Also great vocal mixing as usual I can clearly understand each word - good job. I also like the way that the energy changes as the song progresses between it's different parts.
A few things that come in mind:
1. The kick needs a bit of a click and some more cut through the bass - I really like that you've promoted the bass which is really the heart of this song when it comes to the instrumental part. Yet the kick is too buried in it. Try to take some frequencies form the bass that will make the kick cut a bit more. Also consider some more aggressive sidechain compression but make it only on the low end of the bass (you'll have to split the signal into bands and compress only one of them). Also add more click to the kick.
2. The overheads and the open hihat are a bit too loud. I can really hear them pop on the Behinger C50 A. Consider dropping the volume a 1-2 dB. Also consider adding some compression since when the hihat is closed it's barley noticeable (you might need automation for this one since that the volume changes are too dramatic).
3. The song is a bit too bright. Just like your Bulldozer mix this one is similar but fortunately not that much bright. I think that lowering the boosts on the high end here and there, maybe also adding a -1 db high shelf on the mix would do the trick without too much of time spent.
4. The guitar lick around 1:20 sounds really dark and buried. Bright it up a bit and give it a solid 2 dB boost or so.
5. There is a strange sound at 1:14 Smile

Overall - great mix!
Cheers!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Thanks I will look into it :-).