Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Miles 'Alone With You' Andy Gallas Mix
Cool relaxed vibe, me liked to mix that a lot! Thanks :)

Feedback is welcome!

Cheers,
Andy

.mp3    AloneWithYa_AndyGallasMix.mp3 --  (Download: 17.31 MB)

Hi AndyGallas good balance but the main problem imo are your acoustic guitars placement, they seem to be misplaced in the stereo field.
Thanks a lot for listening, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by the placement of the acgits. They are just panned hard left and hard right, really noting special?
(13-03-2016, 08:24 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Thanks a lot for listening, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by the placement of the acgits. They are just panned hard left and hard right, really noting special?

Thats just it I think, hard left and right you loose the direction of that instrument.
Another great mastering. How do you get such great level? Can you express your mastering process and hardware?
I cannot say I agree with Cudjoe on your guitar placements. My acoustics were panned hard L/R with the electrics inside of that. I really like the sound of your guitars.
Great dynamics and filled sound field. I have things to learn here.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(29-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Another great mastering. How do you get such great level? Can you express your mastering process and hardware?
I cannot say I agree with Cudjoe on your guitar placements. My acoustics were panned hard L/R with the electrics inside of that. I really like the sound of your guitars.

Thank you!

The loudness comes mainly from AD clipping on the stereobus. The converter is an older RME ADI 8 as I use an HW EQ and a Dolby Spectral Processor beside some plugins. Last instance after AD clipping is a bit of Sonnox limiting just one or two dB and a bit of its enhance mode, 20–30percent or so.

This mix was a bit of an exception in that I shaped the sound mainly with eq and dynamics from the stereo bus. There was no individual eq and compressing on the acoustic guitars for example but on the vocals.

I hope this helps.
(30-04-2016, 06:16 PM)AndyGallas Wrote:
(29-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Another great mastering. How do you get such great level? Can you express your mastering process and hardware?

Thank you!

The loudness comes mainly from AD clipping on the stereobus. The converter is an older RME ADI 8 as I use an HW EQ and a Dolby Spectral Processor beside some plugins. Last instance after AD clipping is a bit of Sonnox limiting just one or two dB and a bit of its enhance mode, 20–30percent or so.

This mix was a bit of an exception in that I shaped the sound mainly with eq and dynamics from the stereo bus. There was no individual eq and compressing on the acoustic guitars for example but on the vocals.

I hope this helps.
Sounds like you've got a nice collection of hardware to use. Alas, I do not, but maybe I can push my buss harder. Where would you attribute where you get most of your hot level from?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
It's better to make thing not too loud if you start to compromise the soundquality – just to bear that in mind. I think loudness is always a combination of spectral balance, distortion, clipping and limiting. In case of this mix I think the AD clipping have the biggest impact.