Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Such a great song, singer, and tracks!
My third song in a week at this fantastic website! Thanks to all who listen and extra thanks to those who give feedback. The biggest thanks to George Massenburg who recorded this, and Freddy V for the amazing voice and song.
I eagerly await all your comments.

.mp3    FreddyV not alone final 5.mp3 --  (Download: 15.77 MB)

This was recorded by George Massunburg?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-03-2016, 02:58 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This was recorded by George Massunburg?

From the download page..."Contributed by Richard King and George Massenburg at Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology/The Graduate Program in Sound Recording, Schulich School of Music, McGill University. Please cite β€œB. De Man, B. Leonard, R. King and J. D. Reiss, β€œAn analysis and evaluation of audio features for multitrack music mixtures,” 15th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference (ISMIR 2014), October 2014.” when using this audio for your work.'
Hey mingus,

Listening on my laptop at the moment, so not in a critical listening environment, but according to these tiny speakers, your mix sounds really nice. I think there could be a little more automation done on the lead vox (there are just a few words that seem to get a little lost in the first verse) then in the break where he comes in hard, he's a little too hot comparatively. Your balances sound really nice. I'll take a listen when I get back home in a few days.

Nice work!
Draper
(11-03-2016, 05:36 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey mingus,

Listening on my laptop at the moment, so not in a critical listening environment, but according to these tiny speakers, your mix sounds really nice. I think there could be a little more automation done on the lead vox (there are just a few words that seem to get a little lost in the first verse) then in the break where he comes in hard, he's a little too hot comparatively. Your balances sound really nice. I'll take a listen when I get back home in a few days.

Nice work!
Draper

thanks for the comments
Real nice 70's vibe, now that I'm actually listening on my mixing setup. The guitars feel like there might some kind of weird phase thing going on with them, but it's a really smooth and balance mix.

Again, nice work.

Draper
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback.
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.
at :20 when mix opens up in intro until the verse you have a very busy mix. duck/mute some sounds on value of importance so that it is more focused. Drums, bass, piano, organ, guitar, are all playing a big role in that part. I almost shut it of before the verse drops because there was too much going on but then after the intro it is great through 4:00 there the vocals jump out very loud for the soft section. 4:20 I struggle hearing the lead vocal part. I see you went for a light sound but to me it was too light, just at the start. 4:40 it would be nice to drop the piano, i heard enough the entire song then focus that eguitar which is new and interesting. the outro then gets back to beeing busy. i would get rid of eguitar and focus the organ. Over all great job. Hope you appreciate the feedback. Nice work.
Absolutely appreciate it, thanks! I think you just opened my eyes (ears) to something. Please hit up any of my mixes.
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.