Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETTER WAY
Loved this song.
Too short though should have been longer.

Tried to make this exciting without loosing the warmth of the song
Tried to give it as much life as possible.

It's a happy song.

Your thoughts?

V2 with a cut of 3db on the 200-400hz area on the vocal. Also boosted some
low end in mastering for a bit more punch.

.mp3    BetterWay.mp3 --  (Download: 4.89 MB)

.mp3    BetterWay2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.89 MB)

I think the voice is muddy and nasal. Everything else is great.
(05-03-2016, 09:05 AM)Sono Wrote: I think the voice is muddy and nasal. Everything else is great.

Cleaned up the vocal to have less body and therefore less muddiness.
As for the nasal, it's a taste thing. I personally don't think it's bad. Hardly did any Eq on the voice other than cut some low end. on V2 i cut even more low end.
Hope this is less muddy.

Thanks for the Feedback Sono.
V2 sounds quite nice man. Balances are nice, tones are nice and warm. Maybe the vox could come up a bit in the chorus. That's about all of the criticism I can come up with here.

Nice mix!

Draper
(07-03-2016, 04:48 AM)loweche6 Wrote: V2 sounds quite nice man. Balances are nice, tones are nice and warm. Maybe the vox could come up a bit in the chorus. That's about all of the criticism I can come up with here.

Nice mix!

Draper

Thanks for the feedback Draper

After listening over and over I agree with you and not just in the chorous but in other areas of the song, the voice feels like it looses volume.
Gonna work on the automation when I get a chance.

Thank you
Hi Shul,

I tried a 200-400hz cut on the mid channel to your mix with some 40/50hz boost and it seemed to make it clearer and a bit punchier could just be my preference tho
I listened the version 2

Good mix.
I like the soft overall sound. Suits this song.

Bass kick relationship works very fine.

I would have wanted a bit more presence to vox, but on the other hand you mentioned that my vox is a bit too upfront. So maybe we’re on area of personal preferences. Or maybe we both should something in-between Smile

Good one, I like it.
(07-03-2016, 10:11 PM)mixingonamission Wrote: Hi Shul,

I tried a 200-400hz cut on the mid channel to your mix with some 40/50hz boost and it seemed to make it clearer and a bit punchier could just be my preference tho

On the second version? I also did what you did on the first version but not too much of it. ☺
(08-03-2016, 04:09 PM)Olli H Wrote: I listened the version 2

Good mix.
I like the soft overall sound. Suits this song.

Bass kick relationship works very fine.

I would have wanted a bit more presence to vox, but on the other hand you mentioned that my vox is a bit too upfront. So maybe we’re on area of personal preferences. Or maybe we both should something in-between Smile

Good one, I like it.

Thanks olli.

No, I agree the voice should be a bit more upfront. I'll work on this again later.
Great mix on V2! Really clean and clear.

That being said, bring that guitar solo up a bit. It gets lost. And on the very high end of the vocal it gets a little harsh in spots. If you get that under control you could probably bring the vocal up some more. Just some little things.

Really great mix though. Feels big and open.