Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You - Olli H
My first try with this one

EDIT: new version with less delay and some tweaks here and there.

EDIT2: final version with some automation in delays

.mp3    alonewithyou-2016-03-05-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 17.23 MB)

.mp3    alonewithyou-2016-03-04-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 17.23 MB)

.mp3    FINAL-alonewithyou-2016-03-08-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 17.23 MB)

(04-03-2016, 10:44 AM)Olli H Wrote: My first try with this one
Hi !

Nice mix but for me a little bit too wet.

Very Enjoyable Olli, I think you have handled the dynamics thoughout the song very well. The movement is really nice. I'm not sure the slap delay on the percussion is working that well. I find it a little distracting on the snare and it seems to be making the kick lose some of it's impact. It may just want tweaking a bit.
Great start as usual.
Thanks for comments. I made some adjustments based on them. I added a new file to the first post
Nice mix Olli, the vocal ambiance is on point and the bass sounds fat and warm. The only real issue I can really think of is the delay on the kick, it just sounds odd and doesn't really suit the track.

The snare delay is actually really cool, it reminds me abit of When the Levee Breaks funny enough. I think the delay on the snare would work better if it came in during the louder choruses and the intro of the track rather than always being there just to give it some variety.

Overall the mix sounds great.

Cheers
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I feel the kick has benefited without the delay, but I now miss it from the snare somewhat. This is not something I've messed with, but maybe reintroduce it within the "air of the snare and not so much of the meat. A stone room ambience response maybe? Just my opinion Olli. Other than that, the rest of the mix is sounding divine.
nice mixs oli
THanks for all comments. Idea to add automation to delays was worth trying. So I made my final version with it. Delay has also more room to it.
Really like the treatment with this one Olli I feel it works well. It's a bold move closing a mix off as final, but an all important one. Well Done.

Dave
(08-03-2016, 12:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Really like the treatment with this one Olli I feel it works well.
THanks.

(08-03-2016, 12:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: It's a bold move closing a mix off as final, but an all important one. Well Done.

Dave

My decicison are always uncertain when it comes to mixing. Smile If may happen that I'll do tomorrow "the first absolutely final version". But I just felt that I've spent enough time (= too much) with this and wanted to do something different. My mixing time is just too limited, so I have to be careful how to spend it.