Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java Jive Sessions Song 1
Not much to enjoy about mixing this track.

.mp3    java.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

Tried to re eq this a bit.A mate has lent me an API eq and comp just need to learn how to use it Confused

.mp3    java.mp3 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

Right ok.This track is a nice track to mix i think but hard work at the same time to get it sounding anything.
Its not a mix to be rushed,it needs lots of automation as the track is very busy and overplayed a fair bit so i chopped out what i thought was needed and also could have chopped more i think.
The bass track is more like a room mic so i tried a few things and ended up with la76 room comp on it in the end.
If you want to have ago at mixing this track and make it sound
anything you will have a few hours mix on your hand and need your thinking cap on.A great example of rushing and no thinking cap is my last mix,a shambles.
This mix is just a smaller shamblesBig Grin

.mp3    jave master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

Here is is the mix with changed panning and more automation that i should have done on the last mix,being lazy yet againSad
I stll think having a listen now i still could have done more automation on the piano

.mp3    jave master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

Hi Takka
Had a good listen.
Im in the proccess in down loading this song while im working fixing other mixes.

Will have a play around first before commenting after reading your mixing comments sounds like a good challenge.

I think there is nothing better than a another set of ears and ideas.

Thanks

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts