Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arise - Run Run Run - CWMusic Edit
G'day,
Awesome place to stumble across for the sound/audio obsessed...

This is the first mix I've ever edited so I thought, throw it to the wolves and see what makes it back alive…

In all seriousness, have a listen and leave some insightful advice.

I tried to retain some of the traditional old-school hi-fi sounding reggae vocals and not get too carried away with too many effects. I could have played around a lot with the harmonies but I think this is fairly smooth sounding with just the two tracks. Also I think the Snare needs some work. All thoughts welcome.

Cheers,

CW

.mp3    Arise - Run Run Run - CWMusic Edit.mp3 --  (Download: 4.14 MB)

Hi did you know your vocals are out of time
Hmm… Fair Call! I guess I spent too much time concentrating on the instrumental side of things. Initially, upon analysing the mix I had been fairly comfortable with the vocal position. Now that it sticks out it's blindingly obvious… Scratch that one off the rookie drawing board...
(23-04-2013, 02:38 PM)CWMusic Wrote: Hmm… Fair Call! I guess I spent too much time concentrating on the instrumental side of things. Initially, upon analysing the mix I had been fairly comfortable with the vocal position. Now that it sticks out it's blindingly obvious… Scratch that one off the rookie drawing board...

Lol never mind just thought to point it out,we all make mistakes me plenty.