Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Human Radio
My Mixing Smile

.mp3    Human-Radio_You-And-Me-And-The-Radio_master_GVA.mp3 --  (Download: 11.2 MB)

Hah Big Grin really nice mix. Very radio friendly Tongue. Nice song too with good arrangements. You have some nice work done with the backing vocals, the ambience for the guitars. Really nice presence for the drum and cool automation for the voice...I'd just say "<-SPACE->" haha very cool man Smile !!!
Welcome to this great forum !
I agree with Ak3r I like your mix too some nice ambience happening ,
Listening on my old Auratones , the upper frequencies of the kick beater is jumping out of the mix a somewhere not sure maybe around 900-5k area .
Probably just amy personal preference to my ears.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks a lot)) Glad to hear that! I am from Russia and my english is not so good as i with. But i can use translater any time & understand what you say.
I'm not a professional sound engineer, but I like mixing)) I know what I want from this mix and to seek all possible ways. Listening to my old mixes there is always correct, it means that you do not stand still. There is no limit to the knowledge of the sound. About Kick maybe you're right. But for me this song More rock than pop , and I wanted to drums sounded bright.
(26-02-2016, 09:54 AM)GVA80 Wrote: My Mixing Smile

The mix sounds great, the little vocal delays in the background are a nice touch and the mix a clean but warm sound.

In my opinion the drums are pretty dry an could use some reverb to bring them to life. One of the lead guitar tracks are missing from the mix and it's leaving a big hole where the guitar should be. The bass sounds nice and deep without messing with the kick drum and it's a good anchor to the mix.

Other than that you've got a well balanced and warm mix going on!

Cheers.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6