Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Remember december - CU Next Time
How's it going.
Hope it goes down well. Any feedback would be much obliged.
Thanks.
James, London

.mp3    Remember december - CU Next Time - Master MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.68 MB)

hello James

you overdid the limiter the mix is distorted and it sounds a bit squashed.
No sh*t Shulock. Is that it. No positives. I'm hurt.
Try listening to it on a proper rig and not your phone.
(26-02-2016, 01:03 AM)James Cullis Wrote: No sh*t Shulock. Is that it. No positives. I'm hurt.
Try listening to it on a proper rig and not your phone.

sorry bro I did not mean no offense.

I am listening on proper rig when you turn up the volume you can tell there is some distortion going on.

the only positive feedback I can give you is that your balance seems pretty good but I cannot be specific on anything else for the reasons of distortion.

you did want any kind of feedback and that's what I gave you but no worries I'll stay away from this post.

Cheers
Get a grip takka.
First comment shul put on here..and most of his posts of others come to think of it are negative and downbeat...same with my mix.
No mention of nothing but 'your mix is sh*t'. Thanks a lot guys.
The multitracks on the vocals and drums were awful. Did what I could with basic equipment and tried to salvage it.
The mix has minimal distortion...is under clipping and stays within the K14 meters to a certain degree.
The distortion might be a clash in the Mid/High frequencies rampant in the raw multitracks around 2.8k and 8-9k. These make it difficult to cut totally and not destroy the mix.
Anyway, try to give encouragement.
If you had a friend who was overweight you wouldnt call him a 'fat c*nt'. Hopefully you would help him beat it and encourage him to lose some weight.
Enjoy your sponsored Pro Tools 12 rig takka. Your gonna need it.

Comment deleted, apologies .
(26-02-2016, 02:19 PM)James Cullis Wrote: Get a grip takka.
First comment shul put on here..and most of his posts of others come to think of it are negative and downbeat...same with my mix.
The multitracks on the vocals and drums were awful. Did what I could with basic equipment and tried to salvage it.
The mix has minimal distortion...is under clipping and stays within the K14 meters to a certain degree.
The distortion might be a clash in the Mid/High frequencies rampant in the raw multitracks around 2.8k and 8-9k. These make it difficult to cut totally and not destroy the mix.
If you had a friend who was overweight you wouldnt call him a 'fat c*nt'. Hopefully you would help him beat it and encourage him to lose some weight.

The mix is balanced, however there is clearly a decent amount of compression especially on the snare and when the lead vocals kick in. The drums themselves are energetic and punchy and the guitars aren't harsh. It's a rough mix, it needs work. Also don't make excuses about the equipment you're using, it's the person behind the equipment, not the other way around.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I agree with others. You seem to have good balances, but something is wrong with overall sound. It’s diffucult to pinpoint what that effect is, but something is making some sort of buzz to this mix. And for that reason it’s difficult to give any detailed comments. That buzz is masking everything else.

Maybe your monitors are lying to you. For example, if they have dull top end and boosted lows, you’re maybe trying to correct those issues by adding too much some sort of saturation.

I you’re new to mixing, I would suggest to get best possible headphones suitable for mixing, and use always best possible references.
(26-02-2016, 03:16 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:
(26-02-2016, 02:19 PM)James Cullis Wrote: Get a grip takka.

The mix is balanced, however there is clearly a decent amount of compression especially on the snare and when the lead vocals kick in. The drums themselves are energetic and punchy and the guitars aren't harsh. It's a rough mix, it needs work. Also don't make excuses about the equipment you're using, it's the person behind the equipment, not the other way around.

Cheers mate. Appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to listen.
I'll take it on board.
(27-02-2016, 04:44 PM)Olli H Wrote: I agree with others. You seem to have good balances, but something is wrong with overall sound. It’s diffucult to pinpoint what that effect is, but something is making some sort of buzz to this mix. And for that reason it’s difficult to give any detailed comments. That buzz is masking everything else.

Maybe your monitors are lying to you. For example, if they have dull top end and boosted lows, you’re maybe trying to correct those issues by adding too much some sort of saturation.

I you’re new to mixing, I would suggest to get best possible headphones suitable for mixing, and use always best possible references.

Okay. Great advice cheers. Me headphones are nowhere near the best.
I think the sibilance from Vocals could be a big part of the 'buzz' maybe.
Is it me or were ALL the raw Vocal parts poorly recorded here. The backing Vocals (BGV's) sound terrible in the 2-4k range so much it hurts at high volume. The main Vocals are mainly sibilance and harshness with some words thrown in for good measure. Might be my end I dont know.
Cheers for listening.