Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My turn to try Dune Rider
(24-02-2016, 03:55 AM)ulynch Wrote: Cool song with lots of opportunity for creative processing. The main challenge for me was limiting the amount of high-hat, especially in the parts where it's played open, since it spilled all over the snare. I tried a gate, but when it opened for the snare, an obvious "SWISH" of high-hat spilled out with it. I finally ended up with an expander on the snare track with about a 6db cut when closed, and I muted the hat's close mic through the loud sections. I also phase reversed it for a sort of ducking effect after I made sure it wasn't affecting the snare too.

The track to me called out for a full on fuzz box treatment on the bass line, ala Acid King/Electric Wizard/Sleep but I restrained myself to just some limited overdrive.

A couple massive hall 'verbs here and there (especially the outro), a phaser in parts, some overdrive on the main Hammond track ... and those backing vocal parts? Oh my. Thank you ReaTune.

Nice version with smooth steep spectrum, only thing is there seems to be too much information around 400 Hz (gives entire mix some honky quality, could be just 1 dB less).
Another thing is bass seems to be high-passed to much with peak on 93 Hz (sometimes sounds like trapped in a small room or cubicle).
Overall seems quite balanced sound with crunchy guitar despite lack of Hammond presence at times but it's okay anyway.
Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
My turn to try Dune Rider - by ulynch - 24-02-2016, 03:55 AM
RE: My turn to try Dune Rider - by sysrq - 28-02-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: My turn to try Dune Rider - by ulynch - 28-02-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: My turn to try Dune Rider - by sysrq - 28-02-2016, 07:45 PM