Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL HANDS LOST - AMBITIONS Mix By MixIK
Hi there,
Hope you're all well...
Here is my mix for this track, helpful critiques are more than welcome.

Cheers!

.mp3    ALL HANDS LOST - AMBITIONS.mp3 --  (Download: 11.84 MB)

.mp3    All Hands Lost- Ambitions- 2nd mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.75 MB)

Hello there

A few observations:

*You are missing the kick throughout most of the song. So overall drums need more work.
*Guitars are louder than vocals. You need to turn it up so the vocal doesn't sink in the mix.

This is a really hard song to mix (I struggled with it my self) just because of the recording quality. If you are new to mixing I would pick a different song to gain more experience before coming back to this one.

Hey Shul,
Hope you are well mate...

Thanks so much for your thoughts...
You are right man... Really hard to mix this song. The bass was driving me nuts.. hehe..
I have taken onboard your comments, and mixed again this track, .. Check out the 2nd mix
Would be great if you could comment again..
Thanks so much for your time....

Cheers
Man.. in comparison with your first mix.. SECOND IS PRISTINE QUALITY!

Good Job on the guitars, they are not harsh and they sound full and you cut off a weird sounding frequency I like them better. Smile
I can definitely understand the voice more now.

The bass is pretty bad in the recording so we can't do miracles there.

At 3:20 the toms are missing. I'm not sure if it's because of too much compression or you just have the faders down.

Overall the second mix is a huge improvement over the first one. Keep it up Big Grin
Hey Shul,

Thanks very much for your kind words man... Its a boost when other mixers tell you that you are improving...
I hope to keep learning, and mixing various songs from this website, so please, feel free to listen and comment...
It will be a great pleasure to hear you valuable feedback..

Keep it up man...