Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE ENGLISH ACTOR (easy mix)
The hardest thing in this mix is to make the voice fit with everything else.
If you can do that you will achieve a good mix.

Thoughts on my mixes are always welcome.

Hope you like the life of this mix. Smile

.mp3    TheEnglishActor-JamesElder.mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

A nice and energetic mix Shul. I am just finding the choruses a little underwhelming within the whole context of the song. Nothing some automation can't sort out.
Well Done,
Dave
(26-02-2016, 11:13 AM)Dangerous Wrote: A nice and energetic mix Shul. I am just finding the choruses a little underwhelming within the whole context of the song. Nothing some automation can't sort out.
Well Done,
Dave

hello dangerous thanks for the feedback.Smile

you mean the chorus is not as exciting as it should be?
[/quote]

hello dangerous thanks for the feedback.Smile

you mean the chorus is not as exciting as it should be?

[/quote]

I feel you just need to increase the intensity a bit with some strategic loudness moves, maybe bring the guitars and drums up a dB or so without over doing it. Just that sort of thing. It just helps the verses sound like they're moving towards something more grander and gives the song a little more contrast overall.
Dave
I feel you just need to increase the intensity a bit with some strategic loudness moves, maybe bring the guitars and drums up a dB or so without over doing it. Just that sort of thing. It just helps the verses sound like they're moving towards something more grander and gives the song a little more contrast overall.
Dave
[/quote]

Ohhh totally agree now that you mention it. Some explotion on the chorus would make it better.

I'll get to it when I get a chance!
Thanks Big Grin
Hey Shul !

That's a nice mix, as usual Wink
Drums have some weird resonance in the upper mid range, especially during verses. Maybe some EQ in your drum reverb will fix that ? Or it could come from the toms ?

(02-08-2016, 03:40 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hey Shul !

That's a nice mix, as usual Wink
Drums have some weird resonance in the upper mid range, especially during verses. Maybe some EQ in your drum reverb will fix that ? Or it could come from the toms ?

Hey thanks for the feesback. I can't find this project on my drive.. I'll take care of that next time I visit this.. Smile.