Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA")
Know jack do you
(03-03-2016, 11:36 PM)takka360 Wrote: Know jack do you

It's not that I know jack, it's the fact that you just come into the post, say the mix sounds like shit, and not even put any actual constructive criticism into the comment. The personal beef between you and digitaldruglord is just so silly and childish, just 2 keyboard warriors on another forum designed for helping others with their mixes, arguing over nothing. By the way, I haven't seen a mix from you of this track yet....
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(03-03-2016, 11:24 PM)takka360 Wrote: The main problem is around 75hz bottom end.sidechain the kick and bass to the guitars it will work if you do it right and your problem will be over. Try it.Sidechain the overheads to the guitars too .Play around with things, that is the secret out of the bag.That is how mixes by pro mixers are done .Wake up.
The only instruments living on the 80hz and below are the kick and bass. Everything else is high passed. Sidechaining compression to the guitars would be useless because guitars aren't living on the 75hz. Not to mention guitars are constant through out the song, I'd be basically putting a compressor on the kick and bass.

So to your ears the kick and bass are the ONLY things clashing right?
Sidechaining the bass to the kick would be a good idea since the bass is the IONLY problem of the low end. but did you hear the v.3 ? Was it less mushy?
(03-03-2016, 11:57 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: By the way, I haven't seen a mix from you of this track yet....

He did have one up. I tried checking it out to compare the low end on his from mine to see how I can improve it but it was gone by that time.
I'm sure he will re upload it soon.
You might think that the guitars are not a problem but they are .
Your not listening to what I am saying

(03-03-2016, 11:57 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:

It's not that I know jack, it's the fact that you just come into the post, say the mix sounds like shit, and not even put any actual constructive criticism into the comment. The personal beef between you and digitaldruglord is just so silly and childish, just 2 keyboard warriors on another forum designed for helping others with their mixes, arguing over nothing. By the way, I haven't seen a mix from you of this track yet....

There's nothing personal from me, he's been on my case for no reason.. All I say is shut up and let the mixes do the talking. This guy is here to compete, not to be part of education. He had a mix up and it was good, I complemented it.. he deleted it and there was nothing wrong with his mix...

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(04-03-2016, 01:35 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 11:57 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:

There's nothing personal from me, he's been on my case for no reason.. All I say is shut up and let the mixes do the talking. This guy is here to compete, not to be part of education. He had a mix up and it was good, I complemented it.. he deleted it and there was nothing wrong with his mix...

I know you had nothing against him, I was more focusing my comment towards Alan. I'm not wishing to fight and argue over differences of opinion on a mix, that being said anyone who just keeps stating that said mix sounds like a "Clashing mess" and leaves it at that with no further constructive comments while attacking others just get me riled up.
Sorry to Shul if any negativity has crossed over from my thread and is spamming up yours, this isn't generally what happens on this forum.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

I'm sorry, but I'm not happy with this at all, or indeed any of the other negative comments you've been posting on this thread. This site is privately funded by me personally, so I won't tolerate this kind of persistent rudeness any more than I would if you were standing in my own living room. I have never yet barred anyone from this forum, but I will exercise my right to do so if this continues. If you feel unable to contribute to an ethos of positivity and support that is generally the norm here, I would respectfully suggest you find a different community to join.

Regards,

Mike Senior.
Why am I not allowed an opinion now. Fair enough .
I don't see you giving them any feedback at all.
You might fund it but who are you educating here .
you put no input into peoples work whatsoever Mike
(05-03-2016, 09:38 PM)takka360 Wrote: Why am I not allowed an opinion now. Fair enough .

It's nothing about opinion. It's all about tone. I'm happy for you to feel that a mix is worthless, and indeed to express that, as long as you can do it in a way that helps and encourages the mixer to learn.

Quote:I don't see you giving them any feedback at all.
You might fund it but who are you educating here .
you put no input into peoples work whatsoever Mike

Fortunately, as a journalist, I have hide like a rhino... Smile

I put no input into people's work? What about this? Or the very existence of a free, registration-free multitrack library. Or the library of mic positions. Or indeed any of the (free) critiques I've posted in response to your mixes in the past.

Oh well. In the words of Fred, I'll keep my Christmas spirit to the last and wish you well. I hope you're able to find less disappointing educators elsewhere.