Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA")
(03-03-2016, 12:03 AM)takka360 Wrote: paste a link to a record it sounds like then

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=14057
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
You talk more crap than I have known on this forum in 3 years
(03-03-2016, 12:14 AM)takka360 Wrote: You talk more crap than I have known on this forum in 3 years

What crap did I talk?!? I just gave props to the post for doing a great job. You're starting to come off as being disturbed. You'll be my first addition to the ignore list here.. you're not here to help, encourage and build knowledge with others, you're here to compete and that's not the culture of this community.
Disturbed lol , not here to compete with anyone ,from someone who wanted a mixoff with me ? I just speak my mind .
Ignoring me is fine with me
[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_6_50_47_PM.png]

Good for you now go away .Raven MTX running Pro Tools 12 HDX w I/O 8X8X8 Quad Round Mac | Universal Audio - all plugins with Apollo 8 + 4 Octo and 1 Quad Satellites | Waves Mercury | Waves NX | SSL Duende | Soundtoys | Izotope | Lexicon PCM | Softube Console 1 with SSL 9000 | Sennheiser HD650 and HD800 with HDVD800 | Near-Field Yamaha HS7

LOL Save your money in future
Alan is right, there's some low end mush going on there, I found that high passing the guitars at 95 Hz seemed to work for me (pretty extreme but the bass actually shares a decent chunk of the rhythm guitar part). Also try making at parametric cut at 300-400 Hz, that could also be the cause of the mush in the mix. Otherwise the mix translates rather well to consumer computer speakers and other small systems.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Nothing really extreme 95 Hz HP if it sounds right,i have HP guitars to 300 and more before .I work with a man that mixes major label stuff and he does it a lot of the time.If it sounds good do whatever it takes.
(03-03-2016, 02:38 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: Otherwise the mix translates rather well to consumer computer speakers and other small systems.

I remember the first time I observed a big budget label mixer work and all the way at the end before going to DAT, the final judgement of the mix was determined by patching to the mono monitor speaker on a tape machine sitting in a corner (Sony Studios NYC back in 98) and I was told (taught) "in the end if it sounds good through that, then you know you're good outside of the clubs where high powered systems don't exist".

For example: I just purchased a 4K Samsung Blu-ray player that plays special 4K Blu-rays, which is connected to a theater level 4K Sony projector.. If I play a DVD in this system, it will look like a VHS tape because the gear is of very high performance.. It would be unfair for me to judge the quality of someone's video mastering skills in this way..

But 99% of the world consume video on DVD or standard HD quality streaming - If I watched the DVD on a 32inch TV on an Xbox, its going to look great.

I don't listen to the mixes here on studio gear because the world doesn't, I listen on a Macbook Pro (mostly) and maybe a few consumer level headphones.. and many mixes I hear from this forum are really good..

I shake my head sometimes at some posts because the consumer bar has been met IMO on mixes and I think it can be not too productive trying to deliver an impression to another guy's calibrated high end studio gear, with MP3 files.

Just a thought..
(03-03-2016, 04:08 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 02:38 AM)dcp10200 Wrote: Otherwise the mix translates rather well to consumer computer speakers and other small systems.

I remember the first time I observed a big budget label mixer work and all the way at the end before going to DAT, the final judgement of the mix was determined by patching to the mono monitor speaker on a tape machine sitting in a corner (Sony Studios NYC back in 98) and I was told (taught) "in the end if it sounds good through that, then you know you're good outside of the clubs where high powered systems don't exist".

For example: I just purchased a 4K Samsung Blu-ray player that plays special 4K Blu-rays, which is connected to a theater level 4K Sony projector.. If I play a DVD in this system, it will look like a VHS tape because the gear is of very high performance.. It would be unfair for me to judge the quality of someone's video mastering skills in this way..

But 99% of the world consume video on DVD or standard HD quality streaming - If I watched the DVD on a 32inch TV on an Xbox, its going to look great.

I don't listen to the mixes here on studio gear because the world doesn't, I listen on a Macbook Pro (mostly) and maybe a few consumer level headphones.. and many mixes I hear from this forum are really good..

I shake my head sometimes at some posts because the consumer bar has been met IMO on mixes and I think it can be not too productive trying to deliver an impression to another guy's calibrated high end studio gear, with MP3 files.

Just a thought..

Every mix I've done for this site, and school has been done with my AKG k240 mkII headphones plugged into an mbox mini and referenced on a 300 dollar Sony home theater in a box system. I hear you on the whole idea of listening on lower quality audio systems, if it sounds bad out in the consumer level, it doesn't matter how it sounds on a 2000 dollar set of focals.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6