Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA")
You could have gave me a pm for a start .
Whatever Mike really . disappointing educators ?
What you trying to flower it up even more .
free multitrack library has nothing to do with what
I am saying, so you keep making your excuses .
You don't put any input into people's work you couldn't
give a dam your not interested simple as that.
You certainly are not doing this for love .
Lets just leave it at that .Thanks for the 3 years
(05-03-2016, 11:49 PM)takka360 Wrote: Lets just leave it at that .Thanks for the 3 years

Relax brother no one has to go anywhere.
All you are being asked is to be nicer when you tell someone their mix is crap Big Grin

No harm in that and no need to get hostile with Mike. He's already done his part by supplying all these multitracks for free. Honestly what coming engineers need is a bankload of files to practice with. There is no teacher you can learn from 100%
You learn to mix by trial and error.

Let's all just relax and move on from these.
Quote:Relax brother no one has to go anywhere.
All you are being asked is to be nicer when you tell someone their mix is crap Big Grin

No harm in that and no need to get hostile with Mike. He's already done his part by supplying all these multitracks for free. Honestly what coming engineers need is a bankload of files to practice with. There is no teacher you can learn from 100%
You learn to mix by trial and error.

Let's all just relax and move on from these.

Exactly, you can say a mix sounds like crap, but at least give the person who uploaded some pointers on how they can improve their mix. Mike also has a day job of being a reporter, he can't spend all of his time here commenting on every single mix that comes through.

The forum is about learning from each other and showcasing what you're working on, not starting petty shouting matches back and forth at each other because of differences of opinion on how a mix should sound. This track in perticular is a tough mix because of the quality of the raw tracks, however as Mike said on the Nova-One Studio track, it's "not atypical of a lot of band-produced small-studio rock recordings". It's possible to get this track to sound good, you just need to put some time into cleaning up the tracks.

Just my .02 cents, take it for what it is
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I am sorry to interject on this thread ... but I have to agree that it has gone, somewhat, off tangent. And, it would seem, quite unnecessarily. Mixers are (and should) be competitive -- as long as it leads to improvement. Constructive being the keyword in criticism.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(05-03-2016, 11:49 PM)takka360 Wrote: Lets just leave it at that .Thanks for the 3 years

You're welcome. Thanks for your contributions.
(06-03-2016, 07:47 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:

You're welcome. Thanks for your contributions.

Mike, maybe split the forum up into two categories. One for pro/semi pro engineers/producers. And another for upcoming engineers. This way only the pro/experienced can comment on these things. They know best. Saves bad users from trolling the site.
Mike cheers mate.
Hi, use this configuration if you have this deesser, I think it can help you.

Good job

regards

Thumbnail(s)

(09-07-2018, 05:37 AM)Carlos Gustavo Rodriguez Wrote: Hi, use this configuration if you have this deesser, I think it can help you.

Good job

regards

Thanks Smile
Cool mix, Shul!