Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uncle dad - 'who I am' (2015 mix)
I mixed this song a couple of years ago when I was starting mixing. In two years I've learned a lot and I've decided to give a try to this beauty.

As always, comments and advice will be welcomed!

.mp3    Uncle Dad - Who I am.mp3 --  (Download: 6.91 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Beautiful mix Juan ,this is one i have to try and hopefully can do as good job !
Listening on our the hd 600 club headphones lol ,Can hear the kick has a some subtle loose deep low end which could be rolled off somewhere below 40 hz which may help give the mix a touch more dynamic range and tight punch ,maybe the kick beater is jumping out a touch 1-2 db around 3-5k.
Nice job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Acoustic instruments and vox sound great to me.

But if feels to me that the real drummer of this band lost his way and they had to use rock drummer instead of him. In the early part of the song kick+bass together create too heavy steps. Snare can’t balance those steps. When the snare comes in with full force, it’s more balanced them.
right! I was listening to the mix this morning in my car and I was thinking that that kick was too loud and prominent for this song. So I've fixed it and I think it now suits better the genre. So let's give the heavy metal drummer a break and send him to play a different song Big Grin

You should try this song, Don; and I'm pretty sure you will be getting a great sound. We've learned a lot in the past years so the results are much better now than before despite the fact that we still have so much to learn!

Thank you guys for your suggestions!

.mp3    Uncle Dad - Who I am(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.91 MB)

mixing since April 2013