Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorious - Indie Mix (Please critique!)
Yesterday I did this Mix, because I wanted to do something more minimal and indie sounding!

Here's what I did:

I used all stems except one, where you heard "percussive sounds". I didn't like this one, because it drew the attention away from the notes themselves.

Panned each vocals only stems 100% to left and right. Put a multiband compressor on the left one, where I only compressed the lows. Then I lowered the volume on the left and delayed it a little, leaving the focus on the right hand side. This gives it nice intimate effect.

In the glass tracks I had to use some bands to subtract certain frequencies, which were unpleasant to listen to.

I panned those at about (L) 70 - 30 - 0 - 30 - 70 ® and compressed the higher frequencies with a multiband to take away the sharpness.

Then I put convolution reverbs on them. An audition hall on the glasses, and a washing machine with elongated delay on the vocals.

Eventually, there is an instrumental part in the end. I tried to make it more lively, by automating pan and volume, so I could bring out the harmonically important tones.

tl;dr made an indie mix. Have fun listening! Feel free to critique!

.mp3    Glorious Master 1 MP3 Normalized.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)