Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder: 'Siren'
New mix

Wav https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1/...ed-by-alan

.mp3    siren_master.mp3 --  (Download: 16.3 MB)

Hello Takka

Great mix. This is what I mention in my thread. So many different approaches and the mixes don't sound bad, they just sound different.

A few observations I'd like to make

*The Voice sounds great but I think the DeEsser is taking away too much sibilance. I know you tried to fix the problem of essing at 0:44 and 0:49 but I would suggest to use automation on your DeEsser specifically on those words so it doesn't affect the Essing on the rest of the mix.

*at 1:46 that guitar on the right (if it's even a guitar lol) has a harsh sounding fx. Almost sounds like a spring reverb only too much of it. I found it distracting and it immediately stood out for me. Could be you wanted that sound so this is totally subjective, it just sounds weird and it pierced too much through the mix in my opinion.

*When I first heard your mix it was in my car. I notice a great deal of highs in it that were a bit tiring to the ear. I then listened to it on my monitors and it didn't sound tiring it just sounded bright. Just a piece of information you might find useful when mastering. My car has your typical boost on highs (when eq flat) but it's always good to hear your mixes on different sound systems to see how they translate overall.

Again, great mix! Just these observations I found worth mentioning. Smile
Cheers for feed back
Hey Alan,
I love this mix ,just a minor thing ,Not sure if the top end of the hi hats maybe a touch upfront masking some vocal sibilance ?
I can hear some nice effects throughout the mix.
Excellent version
Nice one !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Cheers mate I have stripped a little high end out now
(19-02-2016, 03:55 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello Takka

Great mix. This is what I mention in my thread. So many different approaches and the mixes don't sound bad, they just sound different.

A few observations I'd like to make

*The Voice sounds great but I think the DeEsser is taking away too much sibilance. I know you tried to fix the problem of essing at 0:44 and 0:49 but I would suggest to use automation on your DeEsser specifically on those words so it doesn't affect the Essing on the rest of the mix.

*at 1:46 that guitar on the right (if it's even a guitar lol) has a harsh sounding fx. Almost sounds like a spring reverb only too much of it. I found it distracting and it immediately stood out for me. Could be you wanted that sound so this is totally subjective, it just sounds weird and it pierced too much through the mix in my opinion.

*When I first heard your mix it was in my car. I notice a great deal of highs in it that were a bit tiring to the ear. I then listened to it on my monitors and it didn't sound tiring it just sounded bright. Just a piece of information you might find useful when mastering. My car has your typical boost on highs (when eq flat) but it's always good to hear your mixes on different sound systems to see how they translate overall.

Again, great mix! Just these observations I found worth mentioning. Smile

Cheers .No its not a guitar is fx on the vox.I can be anything you want it to be that's the point of it.