Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My First MIX ON THIS FORUM! Please share your thoughts!
Hello I am new to this forum.. I am a live sound engineer and ran across these downloads! HOW AWESOME! Any feedback on my version of this song is much appreciated since I am a newb here! Thanks and Cheers!

.mp3    One Minute smile for master.mp3 --  (Download: 3.81 MB)

This is one of the more balanced mixes of this song that I've listened too. I think you did a pretty good job.
A couple thoughts: the guitars are too bitey for me. they seem thin and mostly attack for the majority of the time. There are times that they work, like during the chorus, but otherwise I'd warm them up a bit and round out the attack.
I'd prefer the lead vocal to be compressed a bit (more?) because she gets lost during dense sections. Being a pop oriented song, the lead vocal should be pretty forward. It won't take much, and be careful cause overdoing it will highlight her sibilance and the autotune artifacts.
CT
Hey man

Your balance is okay.
But it's your Eq'ing that is bad. it's making the Song muddy and not clean.

*Guitars are missing mids. They sound like you highpass them in excess.
*Vocals need more 3k-5k boost ... or cut some 400hz.
*I can barely hear the kick. Also I hear some clipping distortion there. at 1:03 and at 1:13 though 1:26 .. it sounds like it's the bass..

All in all this is not bad... but you gotta work on your Eq better. Keep it up!! hope this helps Smile
(02-04-2016, 05:12 AM)Shul Wrote: Hey man

Your balance is okay.
But it's your Eq'ing that is bad. it's making the Song muddy and not clean.

*Guitars are missing mids. They sound like you highpass them in excess.
*Vocals need more 3k-5k boost ... or cut some 400hz.
*I can barely hear the kick. Also I hear some clipping distortion there. at 1:03 and at 1:13 though 1:26 .. it sounds like it's the bass..

All in all this is not bad... but you gotta work on your Eq better. Keep it up!! hope this helps Smile

Hey shul thanks for your advice I took it... much appreciated.. Here is a revised version... let me know if its better..lol

.mp3    ACTIONS _one minute smile_ Mix more.mp3 --  (Download: 3.71 MB)