Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul feat. The Fiend: 'Widow'
leave a comment to the mixs
check my 2nd mixs first mixs wasnt balance

.mp3    Triviul feat. The Fiend\'s \'Widow (remaster).mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

I like it!
Love the delay on the vocals Sounds just right! And I also like that the drums are more upfront. I think you did a really good job on it!
It sounds like the drums are clipping, because i'm hearing distortion on my end. The drums are actually than the vocals... Actually everything is louder than vocals.
Hey djrambo954,
I really liked your mix! If I may recommend a few pointers, It sounds like you have to find focal points in your mix. What do you want your listener to focus on at any given moment. For example, In a Hip Hop driven record I try to make the drums, bass and/or vocals stand out the entire way through. All the other sounds are just there support. Sure I may let a sound grab the listeners attention for a brief moment but the listener should always recognize which element is king. The key is not to distract the listener from the prize elements. I love your use of delay on these vocals, However, experiment with automation, instead of letting the delay follow each word in the vocal, try throwing a delay on the words that you want to emphasize. This will help the listener focus on the king lead vocal. As for the drums, we all love big sounding drums! Sometimes it seems like the only way to get there is to pump up the volume til we get the sound we want. To my surprise we are looking at it all wrong. The key to big drums isn't turning them up it's actually turning the down that does the trick. Remember we are setting a sound stage, so if you make the drums -10db (for example) and all the other elements below -10db. The drums will be the loudest element in that sonic space making them seem large without causing digital clipping. We can increase the overall loudness during mastering. Thanks for sharing your mix. I am looking forward to hearing more of your work. Happy Mixing!