Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew - What I Want First Mix
Hello Guys!

Right, this is pretty much my first mix ever! It was part of an audio post production unit that I am doing, hence why it has been reduced to -23LUFS if you wondered why it was a bit on the quiet side!

I was wondering if you guys can hear any obvious phasing/stereo field problems? I am not overly concerned with choice of FX etc.. as I was pretty much just experimenting and messing around with some plugins, but any comments on level balance and frequency content would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much if anyone takes the time to reply!

Joe

...Still Learning.... Big GrinBig Grin

.mp3    Brew Mix .mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

Hi!

There is one major issue with your mix - too much low end. The bass guitar is overpowering everything so it's really hard to give objective feedback on your mix.
Also snare sounds a bit too thin for me, but it really depends on your taste.

You've done pretty good since it's your first mix.
Thank you for your reply (poorbillionaire)

Yeah I got the same feedback from a few friends, I think it is mainly down to the poor frequency response of my headphones that I used to do the majority of this mix. Nevertheless, thanks for backing it up!
I have done a slightly revised version using my own monitors at home, I may post it when i've finished my reports for some further critique.

Many thanks,

Joe

I actually do a lot of mixing on headphones. The thing is that you have to learn your headphones. I suggest using reference tracks. It will give you an idea how things should sound in specific monitoring environment whether it would be professional studio, your bedroom, headphones etc.

I'd love to hear that revised version though.

Henry