Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You And Me And The Radio
Just started to get into it about a year ago and it's all in a basic phase but for mixing I work mostly with the DT990 Headphones from Beyerdynamic. My room isn't set up right yet as the low end resonates quite some. For speaker monitoring however I use a set of Yamaha HS-7 and passive mix cubes. These are sometimes used in mono, but also in stereo just for the sake of balance. I do keep turning back to the headphones a lot, I should learn not to or less in the future. Mixing itself is done in the box with Logic.

But it would be cool to make it more physical by running stuff though a simple console to eq by hand or starting with perhaps one outboard compressor. All in time, lot to learn still.

What's your setup or workflow?

(19-02-2016, 01:43 PM)dcp10200 Wrote:
(19-02-2016, 12:47 AM)Spadaro_Music Wrote: Thanks a lot. Let's see, the snare sound is build up mainly from:

-snare-up,
-snare-bottom,
-the hihat track.

These tracks all are send to a verb buss with a stock reverb set on 0,4s, a bit low-passed, then blended back in, the hihat track a bit more then the snare mics.

greetings,

(18-02-2016, 04:19 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Nice mixes, the cymbals sound clean and clear now! The guitars sound punchy as does the bass, the blanket is gone now Wink! after listening to both new revisions, I'm liking the version without the buss compression more, the compressor must have been soaking up alot of the transients in the mix and causing some of the High Frequency loss. That reverb on the snare is really smooth sounding, what verb did you use on the track out of curiosity?
Seems to be working out great, what is your setup for mixing

Nice, not very different from my situation. I'm using an Mbox Mini (When I went to recording School we needed an Avid interface to run Pro Tools 8) with a set of AKG K240 MKii headphones on my Windows PC (Soon I'll be switching to an iMac) running Reaper and some plugins from Waves
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6