Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew: 'What I Want'
My mix of this song Smile

.mp3    my version.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

Some interesting tones here but the song seems disjointed. Try not to forget it is a composition where the parts should work together musically and not just a series of disjointed tones and spaces. Give it another try. You've got some good ideas but I think you can do better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-02-2016, 05:24 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Some interesting tones here but the song seems disjointed. Try not to forget it is a composition where the parts should work together musically and not just a series of disjointed tones and spaces. Give it another try. You've got some good ideas but I think you can do better.

Thank you very much for comment!!!! SmileSmileSmile but I do not fully understand what you mean saying "disjointed"? Could you explain in detail? I used one reverb on all tracks. However, the guitar has been recorded with reverb. maybe it was the cause of disjointed spaces?
Here my second mix version. Maybe it will be better.....SadSadSad

.mp3    My version 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

I did a little changes with bass and kick, and automation. Here my mix 3.

.mp3    My mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.87 MB)

This is what I'd suggest for you. Do a mix with no effects at all. See how you can blend the parts without any effects to make it feel like the players are listening to each other when they play the song together. Compare that effort with your initial ones. Listen to your mix at lots of different playback levels as well to make your adjustments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]