Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip Toe - iShouldBsleeping
Here's what I came with in about 5 or 6 hours. Unfortunately I couldn't monitor loudly so I'm not 100% how the low end is going to translate, but I'm mostly happy with it. At the end I realized there's a certain mid/high frequency in her voice that should have been compressed, but I'm done with this mix. Was real fun though.. recorded pretty well. Let me know what you think.

**Edit
One thing I just realized after listening to some of your mixes is that you can hardly hear the bass in mine. I think I got thrown off by all the bleed in the rest of the tracks and didn't properly place the bass.

.mp3    TIPTOE.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Hi
I Like your mix ,I'm finding getting the bass and kick to fit together is a real challenge in my next version, can hear some loose deep bass frequencies on the kick which need taming or rolling off , especially there maybe some loose upper bass frequencies on the kick around 90-150 hz which maybe masking the bass.
Just some thoughts while listening on headphones at the moment
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello there..

Your Left tom is resonating while the song plays. You should put a gate on it. My left ear felt weird after a while.
Either that or Cut out the sections where the tom doesn't play so you don't have this problem. It's bad.

Saludos Smile
It is not that you can't hear the bass, I think it is more that there is too much low frequency hair in a lot of other tracks that can be filtered out so the real bass can read through the fur.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]