Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are the one mix
Fun song to mix! I used a lot of automation and also izotope`s vinyl simulator plugin on many sources to make it sound more vintage...
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Stef.

V2: Removed vinyl simulator plugin and added some delay on some sources...

.mp3    You are the one (mix).mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

.mp3    You are the one V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

Nice mix.

So I'm listening to this and thinking of what's in the multitrack.. I can hear the synth, the acoustic, the piano (think you put your low cut up too high though), I can hear the lead, I can hear the bass guitar. So the balance seems pretty good, overall. Snare drum could probably use a little treatment though. It's a got too much body for this tune and just doesn't feel right. I also noticed that the second vocal seemed to too prominent on the first segment and tried to step on the lead. I think in general there could be a little more dynamic contrast within the mix and from one section to another. On that fade out at the end, maybe copy that "doo-doo" section once more to give it a little more time to come down so that the conclusion is just barely heard right at the end of the slow fade. Otherwise, it kinda sounds like it doesn't fit.

Overall, this is a nice job. People have trouble with this mix and I think you got a lot closer than some have on their first pass.
Old West Audio
Thanks for the reply! Totally agree about the snare, I wasnt happy about how the eq sounded so I didn`t use any...
Anyway, I think automation is key to make this mix sound good and balanced... Check out my other mix as well, I changed it overall. Smile