Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NERVE9
i need some feedback ..cool song to mix..

.mp3    Pray For The Rain4.mp3 --  (Download: 1.13 MB)

The balance is ok. I just think the voice is too thin. Those Cymbals are a bit too upfront.
(09-02-2016, 07:08 AM)Shul Wrote: The balance is ok. I just think the voice is too thin. Those Cymbals are a bit too upfront.

I see..you are right! nice catch.. I like that..
thanks!
Hi

Thanks for mixing the track ! I had a chance to listen to it today. My favourite element was the treatment of background vocals. It sounds like a well balanced mix. For opportunities, I would start with the lead vocals. The clarity was good - it felt like a bit too much high end though, as sibilance sounded like an issue. The snare - sounds like the compressor attack is set to fast - I wasn't hearing the transient which gave the impression of over compression. A more minor point - try pulling a little more 1-2 k out of the bass guitar.

Thanks again for mixing our track ! I hope this helps.

Thomas
I must admit i don't really like the tremolo you've added to the guitar at the start. It could have been an awesome effect had you have just reduced the volume of it a little though Smile The vocals do sound a little thin (try boosting the 100-300 Hz area by a few dB).
The backing vocals are lovely though Smile

As fHumble fHingaz said - "Did I critique your mix? Please pay it forward! Critique some else's mix (doesn't have to be mine). That's how this forum works!"

A list of my mixes can be found here: http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/searc...fbcc5215a9