Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Öjebokören - That's Entertainment
here's my mix from those tracks recorded by my good friend Mange. Comments and advice will be welcomed as usual!

.mp3    Öjebokören - That\'s Entertainment.mp3 --  (Download: 5.63 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Nice and smooth mate.good work
Very good balance. When you told me, I didn´t think it would work that well rearranging the "setup". Nice.
thanks!!
mixing since April 2013
yo JJ,

i love the timbre you achieve in your mixes....

the biggie with this multi, is achieving an illusion of depth and space (including height) between the piano and the singers, and with the listener. listening critically to the piano during the introduction, i felt the spacial cues didn't fit the singer's, raising some ambiguity to the listening experience. we are all going to find this a massive challenge.

there's another factor, associated with this which made it a fascinating project for me, which was the different "loudness" of the piano vs the loudness of the singers.....as well as the treble content (treble being another factor, along with loudness) which helps us assess distance (i.e. direct sound vs early and late reflections) between the "instruments"

how about mixing it using NX and see what you get? it would be interesting to hear the differences with an A/B.

it was interesting to hear your take on the placement of the voices.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
thank you for your comments, Dave!

I got the NX a few days ago and it was quite an experience! I admit that it's been always difficult for me to spot the instruments position as accurate as other forum members do, but as soon as I got this plugin, all of a sudden it was all over there and it was some kind of "revelation"! so I am happy I found this because at least in the short run, I won't be able to set a proper place at home to mix.

Let me finish the mix I'm working on now and then I will give this one a new try with the NX on while mixing!
mixing since April 2013