Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roomy Mix (Backroom in Tulsa)
That is my first attempt to mix a song of that genre.
I hope i grasp the point of the song,well.. thats for u to decide.
I think vocals is a little harsh, bat as i try to smooth them they sound a bit thin (to my ears), so i stick with the harshness..

ps:The song is not Mastered

.mp3    Backroom in Tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 3.5 MB)

Sounds good but the voice is very upfront and it feels like the band is playing very far behind the vocalist. Perhaps you could try to glue the voice and the band a little bit more by softening the voice a little bit and putting a little bit more rev or a short delay on it.
just my 2c.
tom
Keep on rockin' but not in your chair :-)
(15-04-2013, 12:24 PM)dtb Wrote: Sounds good but the voice is very upfront and it feels like the band is playing very far behind the vocalist. Perhaps you could try to glue the voice and the band a little bit more by softening the voice a little bit and putting a little bit more rev or a short delay on it.
just my 2c.
tom

Thnx for your comments, i can "see" what you say i think i should push a little harder my stereo hall verb for that Wink
I like this one.
Vocals sound good. Balance is good through out the song. I feel that the dry vocals sits naturally with the spatious band. That's quite difficult to do. You have nicely picked up the details of the arrangement.
Thanks Oll!Smile