Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Ambitions' Mix
a few things i did aside from basic mixing/editing:

triggered out kick, snare, and tom 4

spiced up the intro; added some delay to the guitar, and did some reverse automation.

doubled the guitars for extra punch

pitch corrected vocals (melodyne)

all in all, i had fun with this one!Big Grin

.mp3    Ambitions (mix_edit).mp3 --  (Download: 11.46 MB)

I like the balance levels of the instruments in your mix, except maybe the kick which is a bit too much even for the genre.
The toms don't seem to blend with the rest of the kit, or maybe just the high tom, at 0.32 this can be heard and sounds out of place to me.
Overall the mix sounds a bit dull and could use brightening up.

Love the doubled guitars sounds great !!
(15-04-2013, 07:35 PM)sano Wrote: I like the balance levels of the instruments in your mix, except maybe the kick which is a bit too much even for the genre.
The toms don't seem to blend with the rest of the kit, or maybe just the high tom, at 0.32 this can be heard and sounds out of place to me.
Overall the mix sounds a bit dull and could use brightening up.

Love the doubled guitars sounds great !!

Thanks! i appreciate the input! i agree with the dullness, it did sound rather lose, but i adressed the kick level, high tom sound, and added some BBE sonic maximizer to master bus!

.mp3    Ambitions (mix_edit) (ver 2).mp3 --  (Download: 11.46 MB)

I think you nailed the kick level and the mix sounds a bit bighter now. The high tom is improved but still seems not to sit right to me. I've not mixed the track so I'm not sure how I'd deal with this myself !!
Hi,

I listend to your second version.

It sounds good, apart from the toms (for me the problem is not the high tom but all of them), as sano already noticed.

I think you rely too much on the close mics and bring them up too high in the mix, although I did not work on this song myself so it is hard to tell. The fact that you replaced Tom 4 (which, if I place this right, is way too boomy for me) suggests that to me.

Cheers
Artbass