Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz - Tip Toe Through The Crypto (3 Hour Mix)
Hey guys,

This is my first mix I'm posting on CMT forum and I look forward to your comments.
I probably hit the vocals too hard with compression and left it a bit dry, but I've commited to it for now.

Happy mixing Smile

.mp3    Through The Crypto - v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.53 MB)

Dude this hits. Sounds great on my HD650's.

Nice Work!

Draper
(30-01-2016, 06:13 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Dude this hits. Sounds great on my HD650's.

Nice Work!

Draper

Thank you so much, it means alot!

(thread) I want to add that I'm open for questions and will respond asap.

Cheers
Good sounding mix ,good work .
If I were to have a complaint, I would want the snare to pop out a touch more. I just love a good "cracky" snare. It sounds good as it is, but I want the snare the match the kick's size, I guess.

Again, really nice mix!

Draper
(30-01-2016, 05:36 PM)loweche6 Wrote: If I were to have a complaint, I would want the snare to pop out a touch more. I just love a good "cracky" snare. It sounds good as it is, but I want the snare the match the kick's size, I guess.

Again, really nice mix!

Draper

I'll use the same old excuse - it's not done yet Smile

I appretiate the time you took to examine my work.

Cheers!
Dude, this sounds great!! Great energy, and the vocals sound perfect! What did you do to them? I was having a lot of trouble...

A few comments
-I'm not sure how I feel about the reverb on the drums...it makes it seem like they're in a different space than the rest of the band.
-The kick is a bit boomy...could maybe use a cut around 150-250 hz.
-I've kind of lost the bass a bit. I think it could maybe fit in where the kick is now Smile
-Agree that the snare could use a bit more snap/punch Smile
-There's a kind of scooped mids sound to the track...not sure if it's just the drums, but I feel like it could use a bit more "bite" in the mid mids...