Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wicked-Leaf!!! (Yet another one from leaf!)
Man.. these songs should have long lists of mixes..
They are well recorded and straight forward to mix.

Took me a few hours but here it is.
Hope you guys enjoy it.
It's an old song but wow so fun to mix!!

Recommended for new coming engineers.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Saludos!

.mp3    Wicked-Leaf(ShulMix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.27 MB)

I like your mix on this one. The only thing I'd really change is bring up the ride a bit and maybe mess with some reverb on the guitars to give it a bit more of a vintage vibe.
(29-01-2016, 07:51 AM)Shul Wrote: Man.. these songs should have long lists of mixes..
They are well recorded and straight forward to mix.

Took me a few hours but here it is.
Hope you guys enjoy it.
It's an old song but wow so fun to mix!!

Recommended for new coming engineers.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Saludos!

(29-01-2016, 08:16 AM)Ohbeejuan Wrote: I like your mix on this one. The only thing I'd really change is bring up the ride a bit and maybe mess with some reverb on the guitars to give it a bit more of a vintage vibe.

Hey thanks for the feedback man! Is kind of tricky because the ride is in the overhead mics.. I tried turning it up with eq but didn't want to color up the rest of the drums. vintage sounds cool... I can probably use a spring reverb to get a different txture.
I know what you mean. I ended up splitting the overheads into mono channels and pulling up where the ride was at with an EQ to get it to sit where I wanted it. I also ran guitars three through eight through an amp simulator to dirty them up a bit more than they were.

(29-01-2016, 03:42 PM)Shul Wrote:
(29-01-2016, 08:16 AM)Ohbeejuan Wrote: I like your mix on this one. The only thing I'd really change is bring up the ride a bit and maybe mess with some reverb on the guitars to give it a bit more of a vintage vibe.

Hey thanks for the feedback man! Is kind of tricky because the ride is in the overhead mics.. I tried turning it up with eq but didn't want to color up the rest of the drums. vintage sounds cool... I can probably use a spring reverb to get a different txture.